Saturday, January 20, 2007

Productivity


I finished the second bunny today. I took off the legs because I thought I had sewn them on too low on the body; I resewed them, made the dress pieces, and attached the ears. It's nice to have them both finished. Pink bunny has a higher forehead, and the patches on her feet are set higher, but who cares? She's still cute.

I found magnetic jewelry clasps at Michaels, similar to the ones that are being shown on TV. The ones I bought come in silver or gold, 6 to a package, for less than $3 a package. Much less than the ones on TV, even though I had to buy packages of jump rings to attach to them. I'd been wanting to find some, I have several necklaces that are almost impossible for me to put on by myself.

My next project to work on is the Christmas quilt. I need to make about 18-20 more blocks, which I hope to have finished by next weekend. I decided that instead of 36 blocks, I want to have 42, so the quilt will fold up and over the pillows leaving plenty of room to tuck in at the bottom.

I also have a couple of large wallhangings or lap quilts that need to be finished. These will certainly qualify for my quilt group's UFO contest, as will the Christmas quilt, since I started it last fall. The bunnies don't count, as I got them started in January.

I have so many projects that I'd like to start, but I'm forcing myself to finish some old ones first. I want to do a couple of table runners from patterns by Gudrun Erla, I saw her demonstrate them on QNN and they look so easy! They're quilt-as-you-go, so once you finish piecing them, all you have to do is add the binding. I also saw an episode of Fons and Porter that showed how to do a block called Brave New World. It looks simple as well, and I have lots of green and blue scraps that need to get used.

I have been buying old issues of BH&G Holiday Crafts. They not only have quilting and sewing patterns in them, but painting patterns and stuffed toys as well. I think I have some in the storage unit, but I have no idea which issues or where to find them. I pick them up on eBay when I can get them for a reasonable price.

I'm feeling pretty productive. I don't work fast, but I prefer to take my time and enjoy the process.

No comments: