Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Initiation


Tonight my husband and I were initiated into the Order of the Eastern Star. (That's us above.)
Our sons are Senior DeMolays; my husband is a Master Mason (York Rite,) a Senior DeMolay, is in National Sojourners and the Heroes of '76. This was a natural progression of our family involvement in Masonic organizations. I told him I would join OES if he would, so we did.

Of course I bought a new pair of 3" heels to wear. Very pretty. Did I mention that I have heel spurs on both feet? The ceremony is a lengthy one--I nearly passed out from the pain. Why do women subject ourselves to that? I didn't own a pair of dress shoes until I bought these. I live in sneakers and flats. This weekend I will go find a pair of sensible shoes to wear, the 3" heels will go back in the closet to be worn only when really dressy shoes are required.

It was a lovely ceremony, though. I'll leave it at that. I met some very nice people, and I think I will enjoy being a member.

I am ready for tomorrow's mail delivery, finally! I'm hoping my EQ6 will arrive. Does Priority mail include holidays when they figure 3-4 days delivery?

To Sus in Spokane: Thanks for your comments. Send us a picture of your ornament dolls, if you can--I'd like to see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm not much for the masonic stuff but I know that it is important to Cy (John) so I'm happy for both of you.

I'm really enjoying reading your blog. You write well and I particularly like the slight touch of whimsy and sarcasm I read between the lines.

I sent small pics of the Xmas dolls to you guys today.

Luv, Sus