Thursday, January 25, 2007

Little Accomplishments

Well, the weather has warmed up slightly--it got up to about 60 degrees today, and was sunny for the first time in two weeks. I had a busy day--I had ten chores on my list and accomplished all of them. Tomorrow's list is short but more intensive--going through the receipts in preparation for doing our taxes.

I've been a little headachy all day, whether from the weather change or from reconciling our bank statement, I'm not sure. Our budget took a big hit at Christmas, and we should have known better. I did try to cut back on gifts, but I feel so guilty if I don't think I've given enough. Next year I'll try to do better.

I put together a door prize for my quilt group. Each member is to bring one to the next meeting to provide adequate door prizes for the next year. Mine has fabric, two great magazines, and a quilt notion or two. It's supposed to equal at least ten dollars--mine is probably worth a bit more than that but is made up of extra things I had here that are still in new condition.

No comments: