Friday, January 12, 2007

Bunny finished


I finished one of the bunnies today. I didn't follow the pattern exactly, but I like it better this way. I may add a ribbon bow around her neck, but otherwise I'm done. I discovered why the bunnies were put in the auction, I think--when both bunnies were cut out of the fur fabric the last piece (the ears of the other bunny) was too long for the remaining piece of fur. I guess that the original maker got frustrated with it and gave up. I think I can make it work by piecing the ears at the base where they are sewn to the head anyway. The clothing fabric is missing for the second rabbit, but I measured the first set before gathering the pieces and will use fabric from my stash.

The clothes were supposed to be left with raw edges, but I finished the edges because the fabric was fraying. The eyelash yarn made cute ear hair and head hair. The bunny is fully jointed, but it's not really meant to be played with, just looked at.

Our 27" TV stopped working this afternoon. I was hoping it was just the cable box, but no such luck. It will be a couple of weeks before we can take it in for repair, but thank goodness we have a smaller set that we will use until then.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Oh my you are fast! I'm impressed with the bunnies.