Thursday, January 4, 2007

Back to Normal

My holiday funk seems to be lifting, and I'm ready to get on with things.

I've been playing with my EQ6. I was a little intimidated by what appeared to be a very complicated program, but when I started the tutorial lessons I discovered that I already knew how to use the buttons because they're mostly the same as the buttons in other programs that I already use. This program is very user friendly, almost intuitive. The lessons are a little long for my taste, but each lesson covers several actions. Because the program can do so much, there are 6 lessons that take you through just about anything you would want to accomplish with it. I am very happy with it.

I've also been practicing my OES stuff. I felt like a fish out of water Tuesday, always an uncomfortable experience; I am trying to make up for my poor performance (caused by the new shoes) by working hard on my studying. DH helps me practice every day; having been a Mason for awhile, he is familiar enough with Lodge etiquette that he can answer most of my questions. I am so glad that we are doing this together.

I haven't been able to practice painting, but I will try to do some tonight after DH goes to bed.
I prefer to have no one else around when I practice, not because I'm ashamed of my work or anything--I just prefer to have no interruptions. I have to spread supplies and equipment all over the card table, which tends to get in everyone's way.

Monty has always received a dog cookie when he comes inside after doing his business. He runs to the jar and does a little "cookie dance." Then he learned to do a cookie dance for everyone who came into the room, hoping they would think it had been forgotten. We caught on to his little lies pretty quick--"No, Daddy didn't give me a cookie." Now he does a cookie dance anytime anyone comes inside. "You're back--you were gone so long--I need a cookie." He seldom fools anyone into giving him another one, but he figures it's worth a try. He's already going outside so many times a day that he is beginning to resemble a pot-bellied pig.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to Wally-World to look for some sensible shoes. Maybe to Catherine's for another black skirt--how often can you wear crushed velvet before people start to notice? I normally don't wear skirts or dresses, but OES requires skirts. My wardrobe really needed a boost anyway.

Time to paint.

No comments: