Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bunnies and Blocks

I finished the fifth and sixth lessons in EQ6 today. These lessons were harder, and I think I understand 90 percent of them. I will try to repeat them in the next few days and see if I can fully grasp what that last 10 percent means. I am having fun just playing with the program, and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it.

I bought a bag of 2 unfinished stuffed bunnies in the silent auction at my quilt group Monday night. One is mostly done, the other is maybe a quarter done. I paid $3 for the bag, all instructions and patterns included. I had to buy buttons for the noses and eyes, and they call for jute rope for hair--I substituted eyelash yarn so they would be washable. I can probably finish them in 2-3 weeks.


I mentioned the Christmas quilt blocks I have been working on. Here is a picture of some of them. I'm happy with these; I've not done a lot of traditional piecing, prefering to do paper piecing or applique blocks. These are all 12" blocks, but I haven't laid them out to see how many blocks I need. I used several different reds and greens, but one background fabric.

I have a lot to work on! But it is all the kind of stuff I enjoy doing, so it should be easy. We'll see!

No comments: