Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Six More Days...



I got two lovely fabric postcards in the mail today, from swaps. I thought I'd share some of these with you. The first photo is of the Christmas Bells swap, the top card is the one I made.
The other photo is the Holiday Candles swap, again--the top one is mine. The red one is hard to see, but a candle was drawn on it with glitter pens. ....Okay, I uploaded the pictures and they reversed their order for some reason. Oh well, most people can tell candles from bells. If you can't, lay off the eggnog.

I have the candle cards displayed on my bookshelf next to the Jim Shore snowman ornaments. That's it for my decorating this year. Ho, Ho, Ho. I'm really not a Scrooge, but I will be glad when Christmas has come and gone and the stress is all over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on Christmas. We're driving to Reno tomorrow. Fortunately we love driving and it has the added benefit of being able to come and go when we please. Much as I love my children, it is hard to stay very long.

We drove to Denver for Thanksgiving and it was great to be able to look at each other and say "its time to go home." After all the catching up and visiting it just isn't your house and there isn't much to do except watch TV. That get mighty old when you're used to hobby stuff being available any time you feel the urge.

I'm taking some stuff to make with the grandkids in Reno. Christmas ornaments. I've been experimenting with pipe cleaners, wooden beads and cloth to make little people for the Christmas tree.

I love the cards, yours are the best looking ones of the bunch. Is this from an online quilting group of just one in your area? I belong to a gourd group and they do have swaps I think but I've only belonged for a short time and they haven't had one yet. I look forward to that.

Have a safe good holiday.

Susan

margil said...

Thanks for your comments, Susan! The postcards were made for a Yahoo group that swaps postcards. I get cards of widely varying quality, but I guess that is so for any kind of swap.
Your Christmas ornament people sound really cute. Send Cy a picture if you can--I'd like to see them.

Marcia