Friday, December 15, 2006

New Beginnings

So many friends have started blogging that I thought I would start a blog for myself. Who would want to read my thoughts and ideas? No one with a life... but it may give me a way to stay in touch with family and friends who are far away. I can show them the projects I am working on. I can let them know what is going on in my life. I have never been very good at keeping a journal or diary--I start one almost every year, but after a couple of weeks I forget to write. I hope I can do better here.
Since January my craft of choice has been creating fabric postcards. I have been swapping them online, and have four photo boxes full. What will I ever do with all these little works of art? My attention span says it's time to move on to new activities.
My cable company has started showing a new channel called Create. I love it--it's kind of like HGTV meets PBS. Where else could you see how-to programs on sewing, cooking, stained glass, scrapbooking, gardening, home repair and painting all on one channel? I get nostalgic watching the late Bob Ross painting happy little trees. He is just so Zen.
My newest focus is decorative painting with Donna Dewberry's program. I have bought lots of books, paints, and equipment and have experimented with her techniques; it really is easy.
I know every instructor says that, and makes it look easy. But if I can paint something recognizable, anybody can do it. I haven't had enough time to do any real projects, just kind of doodling with it. Once Christmas is over, I intend to practice regularly.
You may be wondering about the name of this blog. When my sons were little, one of them came home with some choice four-letter words he learned at school. When he was informed that those words were unacceptable, he asked me what he should say when he gets really frustrated or angry. I told him to make up a word or phrase that was his own private "cuss" word, but would not be offensive to anyone else. He couldn't think of anything, so I gave him "Fudge Buckets" as an example. I have used it ever since!

No comments: