Friday, March 2, 2007

Things are looking up


Remember the challenge I entered for my quilt group? I finished it today. It measures 4-3/8" x 3-1/8", and is a complete quilt. The square in a square blocks are pieced, it has sashing and cornerstones, a border, batting, backing, binding, and is quilted. It fits inside the name tag holder I was issued for it. I even put a label on the back! I am pleased with the way it turned out.

The TV is still in the shop, but we are using a smaller set. I hope we hear from them on Monday. The computer problem has, I think, been solved. DS cleaned it out (it was filthy!) and set the internal fan to run continuously instead of cycling on and off. It is a lot noisier, but seems to be working better.

I laid out the red and green quilt blocks on the bed and found I need 14 more blocks to make it a king size. Now to come up with more blocks, and hope they come out to be the right size.

Next I plan on making a few string blocks for a friend's charity group. They are simple flip and sew blocks, so they should only take a few minutes each to do. I have until the 12th to finish them, that's when my quilt group meets again. I'll turn them over to her then.

We got our taxes done professionally this last week, which ended up saving us about $200.00, as I had missed some deductions we are entitled to. That's a big load off my mind. I wish we didn't have to pay anything in, but at least it's not as much as I had thought.

The peony that DH planted for me is doing well. It is about 6" tall and looks very healthy. I am keeping my fingers crossed--I love peonies, and they don't normally grow here. DH's plants are all doing very well. He is working hard to expand his business, and has great plans for us to move to an acreage where he can plant more extensively.

No comments: