Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Making progress

The quilt blocks are all sewn together into one piece, and the borders are cut and ready to attach. I hope to work on that tomorrow. The new washing machine arrives in the afternoon. It will be nice to have a washer that doesn't break down as often. We bought a 4 year extended warranty on the new one.

DH and I went to our OES meeting Tuesday night, and I played a part for the first time. I did okay, even though I had to read the part rather than recite from memory. DH was impressed that I actually agreed to fill in, as I am very introverted. The best way to learn is to do, so I just took a deep breath and jumped in. This time next year I will be studying for a regular part, and I hope that I won't have to read it, although I'm not sure how much I can memorize. Luckily I'm starting with an easy position. This year I am to arrange the refreshments. I think I can handle that!

No comments: