Thursday, March 15, 2007

Better now

Sorry about the pity party yesterday. Today has been a little better. I finally finished the last 15 blocks, and pre-sashed them. Here they are:


They turned out pretty well. I've put the sashing and cornerstones on the left and bottom sides of each block, a la Fons and Porter. I've run out of fabric for the last strips that go on the top and right sides of the quilt top after I have all the blocks sewn together. It's a good excuse to go to JoAnn Fabrics tomorrow.

The electrical problem is still a mystery, although we discovered that if I only plug in one item at a time, it will work. So when I want to press something I've just sewn, I have to unplug the sewing machine and plug in the iron. At least I got these done. Tomorrow I will get them laid out with the others (which are already sewn into rows.) Then I'll sew them all together. Next week: borders!

The plumber came today and couldn't find any leak. That cost us $70. But DH has found the leak--in the washing machine. So tomorrow the appliance repairman comes to fix that.

I almost skipped the Red Hat luncheon today, but I'm glad I went. It was fun, the food was great, and I won a couple of prizes. Nothing much, a set of purple plastic flatware in a cocktail shaker, 2 purple plastic tumblers, and a set of purple swizzle sticks. I think it's frozen daiquiri time! My DIL urged me to go, said I needed the break. She was right!

March Madness has started, and we've been watching all afternoon. Our local team, Texas A & M- Corpus Christi, made it to the NCAA tourney, but they play #2 Wisconsin tomorrow afternoon. Go, Islanders!

No comments: