Monday, March 5, 2007

I'm just a social butterfly!

I made these ten string quilt blocks for a friend's charity group. The paper pattern is in the lower left corner. I just used the lines to help me keep the strips straight. I will take these to the quilt group meeting next Monday night to give to her--if she can't use them, then I will use them for something eventually. I wasn't too sure of the rules for these. Hopefully they'll be okay.

I'm hoping the TV will be fixed by tomorrow--they say that they have gotten the parts and will be putting them in tomorrow. The smaller TV we're using is showing signs of a bad picture tube. Sometimes the left side inexplicably turns green. That can't be good!

We have an Eastern Star initiation tomorrow night to go to. It's also a potluck dinner, and I'm taking a turkey and dressing casserole. It's easy to make, and most people like turkey. It is simply layers of Stovetop stuffing and sliced turkey, with gravy poured over it and baked. The tough part is keeping it hot, but I have an insulated casserole carrier that should work. I made the carrier from a pattern I got on Nancy Zieman's website.

My next Red Hat Society meeting will be on the 15th for St. Patrick's Day. I plan on wearing green instead of purple; with my red hat it will look like I'm ready for Christmas again!
We have so much fun at these meetings. The ladies are all so friendly, and we treat each other like family. For someone as introverted as myself, that is very important, and keeps me coming to the meetings.

No comments: