Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cards and more cards


I made these cards for a Birdhouse swap for ArtsNTheMail. The background is made of snippets of fabric fused to Peltex and covered with a layer of tulle, then the birdhouses were appliqued. Simple, but different than usual. The backs have a photo of baby birds in a nest box. These will get mailed on Monday.



I finished this reversible table runner this week, too. The upper photo shows the January challenge pattern for The Quilted Table, another Yahoo group I belong to. I used a Daisy Kingdom fabric for the reverse side.

My next project is to make some greeting cards, especially birthday cards. I have made cards before, and I hope to get a lot of them done this week. I enjoy making them, but I have to have a few days clear of other projects so I can spread everything out on my worktable and leave it out, so I usually do two or three dozen at a time. I'll try to post a few pics when I get them finished.

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Your postcards are adorable. Your table runner is gorgeous too. What a neat idea to make it reversible.

margil said...

Thank you! I love making the postcards--they're a way to express my creativity in a very short time.
My next ones are "the letter P" so I am thinking pigs? party? pajamas? who knows?