Saturday, January 26, 2008

New books

I love going to Half-Price Books! I got this great book for only $6.00. How can you beat that?
It's only about 6 inches square, but it's 1-1/2" thick.

I ordered these two books from Nancy's Notions. They're only 24 and 26 pages long, but I love Mary Mulari's sweatshirt designs. I don't have a lot of use for a sweatshirt here in Corpus Christi most of the time, but if I need one, I want it to be good looking. The two of them together only cost me $30.00.


I also picked up these two books by Charlaine Harris at Half-Price Books. I started one at about 8 pm that evening, and finished them both by 4 am! I couldn't put them away. I recommend them highly. I'll be looking for more by this author.



Last, but not least, I picked this up on eBay. I want to try making some of these jars and using them for Gifts-in-a-Jar. I've been saving nice jars for awhile and it's time I did something with them and got them out from under the sink!

Today DH took me to the Home and Garden show in Robstown, TX. It wasn't much to speak of, but Andrew Dan Jumbo was there from TLC's While You Were Out, Trading Spaces, and Take Home Handyman. He did a 30 minute talk about how the shows are done, how to get on the shows, and LOTS of funny stories about the casts of the shows. He was a real riot! He's a good speaker, and after the talk he signed autographs, although I didn't stay for that. (I don't collect autographs.) His talk was worth the $6.50 admission to the show all by itself.

I'm still working on the taxes, getting everything ready to go to the accountant. That's my main goal for this next week, but I might surprise myself and get a couple of other things done as well. One can only hope!

No comments: