Friday, January 11, 2008

M is for....

I met my friends Morah and J. at the fabric counter today and told them I had last posted a week ago. When I checked I see it has been 10 days! The time has gone by so quickly. The store was having a clearance sale ($2.00/yd!) so I had to get a few pieces for my stash.

The bottom two are coordinates with quilty sayings around the blocks. The middle one is a bright bird-of-paradise print that I have no idea why I wanted it except that I love brights! The stripe is only a little less bright, and stripes are great for bindings and to jazz up blocks. The dragon panels were just too cute to pass up, and I may make some pillows out of them for son and DIL. They love dragons.

I finished my "M is for..." postcards and mailed them out. They are "Monsters in the Moonlight" and have machine embroidered monsters hiding behind "trees." The monsters are attached with black rick-rack to the sides of the cards. They can be pulled out from behind the trees, then slid back in. The moon is painted with glow in the dark paint. I am anxious to see how the other swappers like them. I am trying to do out-of-the-ordinary cards this year.



My next project is to make 30 or so reusable nametags for my Red Hat Society group. I drew up the design and have everything I need to get started tomorrow on them.

Monday the handyman will be here to replace the bathroom ceiling, which is in bad shape and is being held up with lots of screws. We are having beadboard panels put up, which should look much better. We only have one bathroom, so it has to get done as quickly as possible. The handyman say it will only take him 3-4 hours. I hope so! We will keep our legs crossed.

Tuesday I have to be at the cardiologist all afternoon for an Adenosine Stress test. They administer radioactive thallium (!) and the test takes about 4 hours, although I do get a break in the middle to go eat something. I'm taking a good paperback book and my sudoku puzzle book.

2 comments:

Marla said...

M is for Morah moving mischievous amongst the many marvelously priced bolts of fabrics then moaning at the moon concerning the money mysteriously missing from the wallet but mainly marveling at the money mostly saved by buying on sale!

Shelina said...

I came here from Morah's blog. I'm glad I didn't find out about the Hobby Lobby sale last week, and am too lazy to see if it is still going on.