Friday, February 22, 2008

Taking a deep breath

Okay, I can breathe again. The last two weeks have been very, very hard. I kept thinking,"I need to go let Monty inside...." Every time a dog barked down the street, for just a moment, I thought it was him. But at least now I am able to function without breaking down, and to talk about him without blubbering.

This is the memorial spot for both our dogs. As the bougainvillia grows, it will fill the whole corner with purple blooms. DH is also going to plant Resurrection lilies in that area.


I have been able to do some sewing. Below is a picture of the "Sewing Machine Thingee" I made.
I got the pattern here: http://www.cheroldsplace-cheri.blogspot.com/
If I were to make another one, I think I would make it bigger--22" wide and about 28" long. This one is made of two fat quarters sewn together, then turned up for the pockets. Isn't the fabric cute?



Then today I finished a set of "P is for..." postcards for Artsnthemail Yahoo group. I really only needed four, so I have extras. Obviously P is for Pooh and Piglet!


We are in the middle of remodeling our only bathroom--talk about a logistics problem! I have stripped off the wallpaper and sanded the painted walls and the wallpaper paste off. Next (tomorrow) I need to sand the doors and woodwork, then damp wipe everything. DH and I will also go get the primer and the ceiling paint tomorrow, although we may not start painting until sometime next week. I forgot to get a "before" photo, but I'll try to put up an "after" pic when we get it done, which may take us awhile. Working on the only bathroom when there are four people in the house isn't easy.

DH finally quit his job this week. He had only been able to manage working two or three days a month, anyway. He is looking for another job that will get him out of the house, but that he will enjoy a bit more. He has been a nurse for over 35 years, and never thought he would tire of it. But he traveled so much that it was physically difficult for him to continue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marcia,

I'm having such fun doing postcards. I joined a couple of groups and have to make a lot of cards in the next couple of weeks. I've never been known for my restraint and not only have I gotten myself committed to these I have also signed up for 3 classes of various fiber arts and doll making.

these are very good distractions in light of our family situation.

luv, sus