Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged!

I have arrived as a blogger--I've been tagged by Morah
and I'm trying to live up to the honor. So here goes:

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

1. I have always been painfully shy. As a child I literally hid behind my mother's skirts.
My parents and I went to a Halloween costume party when I was about 4, and our
costumes were great. But everyone guessed who we were because of the child attached
to the lady's skirt. It took a very smart counselor to show me how to gain confidence by
pretending to already have it.

2. One of my first jobs was as a glass cutter in my uncle's aluminum window factory. I have
the scars on my hands to prove it.

3. I grew up on a pig farm. We also had cattle and chickens. My grandparents lived on the
next farm, and I spent many hours helping my grandmother churn butter and mold it.
My dad did truck farming and sold his produce at the local Farmer's Market on Saturdays.
I hated working in the garden. I was "slave labor" in my opinion. I swore I would never
live on a farm again. Now I would love to have a small acreage and be able to grow some
vegetables and raise animals.

4. I had an Appaloosa gelding named Comanche when I was a teenager, but I never learned
to ride him at more than a walk.

5. I would love to take formal art classes, but can't afford to right now. Maybe some day.
I try to develop my own artistic talent, but so far have been frustrated by my lack thereof.

6. I have tried in the last month to teach myself how to knit, using online videos, etc. Not much
luck there either... but I will keep trying for awhile, anyway.

7. I have a collection fetish. If I get more than a half dozen of something, I get an uncontrol-
lable urge to "complete the set." I have hundreds of quilting and sewing books and magazines.
I also have magazines and books for almost every other craft I have ever been interested in,
dating back to needlepoint and crochet from the 70's, counted cross-stitch and plastic canvas
from the 80's, sewing and quilting from the 90's, and polymer clay, jewelry-making, and
decorative painting from the 00's. I have more recipes than I could ever try out, but I
continue to get recipe magazines in the mail and clip them from other magazines to save.
Help me!!!!

DARN WORDWRAP!

I now am tagging these bloggers:

1. Fibermania
2. A Walk in the Woods
3. Exuberant Color
4. Calidore
5. Gr8dame's Place
6. Devonhouse Recollections
7. Posie Gets Cozy

These are 7 of my favorite blogs to read. I hope they take it as a compliment that I have tagged them--that is the intention.


I made 15 Thank You cards today (sorry, no pics.) They went quickly. I used blank cards with pictures punched from old calendars, ribbons, and stickers. I have found cardmaking very relaxing and undemanding. If one doesn't turn out the way I would have liked, I throw it away.
No pressure. I love that!

Now off to let the above people know that they are now IT!

3 comments:

Frieda Anderson said...

Thank you so much for tagging me, but I was just last week tagged. So I am declining. I enjoyed reading your blog!!

Myra said...

Hi Margil! I am honored that you tagged me and that you enjoy reading my ramblings. I was just tagged with this recently and even though I consider myself a wierdo - LOL - I don't know if I can come up with 7 more that I want to tell the world. So, if you missed the original go to http://gr8damesplace.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-have-been-tagged.html. Have a great weekend!

Alicia P. said...

Thanks Margil -- here are mine (a year old, but still the same:-)
http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2007/01/six_weird_thing.html