Friday, February 8, 2008

Birthday cards and Valentines

These are some of the birthday cards I made this week. I used stickers, photos cut from magazines, and sayings printed on vellum. I discovered that I need to press them with a weight after gluing everything in place, or they warp. Oh, well! Next week I hope to do some thank you cards.


I also put together 22 goodie bags for the Valentine party for my Red Hat group. We are going to play dominoes and card games, and maybe learn to play Bunco. I'm looking forward to getting out with the girls and having a little fun.

I may not be blogging as often as I'd like for awhile. An elderly person in our family is going to be needing a great deal of personal attention, and DH and I are the ones who will have to do it. It is horrible when a loved one has to lose their independence. The person involved is not cooperative, but cannot live alone much longer. (Sigh.) It is an honor to do this, as well as a duty, but will not be easy or pleasant for any of us.

No comments: