Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Witless in Blogdom

Amaryllis "Gran Cru" on the left, "Liberty" on the right.


Amaryllis "Hermitage"


Amaryllis "Masai"

These were all grown by my DH. http://www.sotexplants.com/

I haven't done much sewing this week. My time has been taken up with the care of our elderly relative. I did do some charity sewing with a couple of friends, though. We're making quilts to give to injured soldiers. All I did was straight stitch strips together for rail fence blocks.. Pretty easy, but that's about all I can contribute right now.

I have signed up for another set of postcards, for a celestial theme. I hope to get some work done on those over the next week. I have the design in pattern form and an idea of how to interpret it, and that's a good start. They're not due until April, so I'm not in a big hurry.

We have the primer coat on the bathroom walls, so no more orange paint! The ceiling is done, and today DH and I picked out a lovely blue for the walls, as well as new hardware for the towel hangers and drawer pull. I hope we can get started on that Friday.

Sunday is DH's first day of his new part-time job at a local nursery. I think he will enjoy that a lot more than his last job. He will only work three days a week, at least for now.

The last post was after I had been tagged, and I considered it a good sign that someone was actually reading my blog (even though Morah is a good friend, she still counts in my book!)
But of the seven blogs I tagged, only three even mentioned it, and none wanted to participate. I guess the tagging thing has gotten so prevalent that some bloggers consider it to be the same thing as a chain letter. Frankly, I hadn't even thought of that. I detest chain letters myself, and never pass them on. Maybe it's just that I'm relatively new at this and don't have a large audience. The three who mentioned it were very nice about declining, and I thank them.
It really doesn't matter that no one participated, and I told them they didn't have to. I was really just surprised that I hadn't seen it from their point of view before. I was thinking of it as a way to network and to increase my visibility in blogdom. So from now on, being tagged will still be a compliment in my book, but I won't be passing it on.

No comments: