Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break

I wish the weather everywhere could be like ours today. It's 88 degrees with a light breeze. These palm trees are across the street from us--this is pretty much the view I get from the window next to my computer. Spring break is beginning this weekend, and the beaches are already very crowded.

We discovered yesterday that Copper is actually a Bedlington Terrier, although not show quality, of course. He weighs barely 10 pounds, half of what he should weigh. We'll soon get him up to a normal weight. His coat is already looking better. He has sores on his ears that are also starting to heal. He is such a sweety!

I finished up some postcards today for a Celestial swap. I tried using bias binding for the edges--it worked okay but was a real bear to put on. These have different fibers and beads as embellishments, although it is hard to see the fibers. I used hot colors of orange and yellow to represent the heat of the sun. These cards aren't due until April, so I'm ahead of the game.


Tomorrow is my eldest son's 28th birthday. It doesn't seem possible! He is being deployed to Iraq in a couple of weeks. Happy Birthday, Chris! and keep your head down.

The bathroom is coming right along. DH is nearly finished putting on the blue paint. Next week we should get the woodwork done in white. I can hardly wait to see the finished product!

No comments: