Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tutorial-Pt. 2

**********
As promised, I'll continue the tutorial: Cut the large panel of pin-weaving into 6" wide strips, then into 4" tall cards.

Cut Peltex 70 into 4" x 6" pieces. Print out the postcard backs on cardstock. Sandwich them together with the pin-weaving cards and attach them with clips.

Sew around the cards with a zigzag stitch to fasten them together. I then bound the edges with more bias tape to give them a nice finished edge but sometimes I satin-stitch around them.


**********
Some cards I've recently received:

"Circus" card from Ann S.

"Birdhouse" by Denny Z.


"P is for Pincushion" by Mary A.


"P is for Panda-Monium" by Karen W.


"Celestial-After Hubble" by Susan S.


"Celestial-del Sol" by Melissa R.

**********
I finally gave up on learning to knit. I just don't have the patience. My stitches were all too tight and it was a struggle to get the first row of stitches on the needles. I gave the whole mess to my DDIL, who expressed an interest in learning.

Copper still only weighs 10-1/2 pounds, although he eats like a horse. His ears have totally healed, and he has graduated to a harness instead of a collar. He chews on everything and is very playful; which leads us to wonder if he is as old as the vet thought. But then we were used to geriatric dogs, so it's hard to say.

DH has almost finished painting the bathroom walls blue. Next he will paint the woodwork white; it will look so much better then. Slow and sure wins the race.

I have been sewing today on four camo kerchiefs to keep the sand and dust out of DS' face when he goes overseas. I also have made 6 Cool Ties to keep him cool. I'm having DH test one of them tomorrow to make sure I've made it correctly. I'd hate to have it explode when DS soaks it in a war zone!

No comments: