Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Mother's Dedication

Look closely at this hanging basket--there's a mother dove sitting on a nest! This basket is hanging on our patio, and she doesn't even flinch when we walk up close, or when my husband uses his circular saw only a few feet away. Rain, wind, nothing stirs her! I don't know how many eggs she has, or if they have hatched yet. The plant doesn't seem to mind her presence.

I'm making good progress on the black and white placemats, and I'll have enough blocks for a matching table runner, too. I had to redo the pattern to fit, because the pattern called for 2" HST's instead of the 2-1/2" ones I had cut out. Maybe by next post I'll have some pics to show.

My son and DIL gave me my Mother's Day gift early--a new digital camera. My old one was being very difficult, not wanting to upload the pictures. It was one of the very first digital cameras, so the new one is much smaller and more sophisticated. I'm still learning how to work with it, but the above photo came from it.

I got to talk to my grandson on the phone yesterday(or was it the day before?) He's two, and not a great conversationalist, but it's the first time they got him to speak on the phone. It was a treat to hear his voice! They live in Virginia and his dad's in the Navy, so they don't get to visit very often. But they call and talk to us when they can. I am lucky to have two great sons and two great DIL's!

No comments: