Sunday, April 29, 2007

Baby doves!


Mama Dove had two babies in the nest. Here you can see them from the back--I didn't want to get any closer or turn the pot.

DH and I have been working on erecting a simple "shade house" in the backyard for some of his plants. We got about half of the frame up today. It will have lattice sides on it to let the breezes through.

I have been making progress on the black and white table set. I finished 4 coasters today, and cut the backing for the table runner and six placemats, which are ready to be quilted. I just need to pick up some more batting to put in them, and some bias tape to bind the placemats. The table runner will probably be self-bound with the backing fabric folding over to the front.
I am toying with the idea of getting some Insul-Bright for the inside, as well--that way I can set hot dishes on it and know the table will be protected (when I get a table!)

I washed the red and green quilt top in some dye fixative to make sure there wouldn't be any bleeding of the color. It is HUGE, and I need to measure it this week so I can cut the backing strips and get them sewn together. Looks like I'll be busy this week.

No comments: