Tuesday, February 27, 2007

When it Rains...

The TV went out today, for the second time in a month. It's not easy taking a 26" TV in to the repair shop, even though the shop is about 3 blocks away. My computer was beeping at me this morning, too. That makes me nervous, so I did a quick backup just in case smoke started pouring out the back of it. DS is going to take it to the computer store he works at, to blow out all the dust inside and give it a good cleaning. It couldn't hurt!

I have 35 blocks sashed now. I plan on laying them out tomorrow to see how many more I really need. I don't really trust my measurements, even though I made them on EQ6. Some of the blocks that didn't come out right were printed from EQ6, and I don't know yet what went wrong. I've tested my 1/4" seam, rechecked the measurements EQ gave me, I don't know. Maybe I made a mistake in cutting--but on 15 blocks???

I've bought fabric and patterns to make two jackets for myself, but I will wait to cut them out until I have this quilt under control. I haven't been doing any garment sewing lately because I'm never satisfied with the results. I am lousy at altering patterns. If I get the hip area big enough, the shoulders are too wide, or the bust darts are way off, etc. The patterns I bought are simple wrap jackets, unlined; I should be able to manage to get a decent fit.

I went to the funeral of my friend's husband today. She's in my Red Hat Society group, and she requested that we all attend in our red hats and purple clothing. That felt really strange--I come from the traditional 'black for funerals' crowd. I compromised with a black skirt, purple shell and lace jacket, and a red hat with a black flower and netting veil. She was so pleased to see us, and a lot of people complimented us on our colorful attire.

No comments: