Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

These are the irises that my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. Aren't they gorgeous? He is starting a home-based business, growing iris and amaryllis varieties for sale to nurseries and florists. He will also be selling them online. He got his business bank account today, and has all his other documentation needed, so he's ready to roll. I'll be helping him with the accounts.

I went to my quilt group meeting last night. All the special programs for the year were described, and we could sign up for as many as we liked. I passed on the BOM, the "Fat Quarters" weight watching program, the quilt retreat, the shop hop, etc. but agreed to help with refreshments for August. I also joined the challenge: make a quilt with pieced blocks, sashing, border, backing and quilting. What's the challenge, you ask? When finished, it must fit within a plastic name tag holder, 4-1/8" x 2-7/8" in all. I'll let you know how that goes.

I've done 4 more red and green blocks, and have 8 cut out and ready to work on. I'll probably have enough then to start sashing them. This quilt, if finished this year, will qualify as a UFO in the group's drawing. Last December they gave away three $50 prizes. I also have other projects started last year and earlier that I'd like to finish for more entries in the drawing.

The weather is supposed to get colder over the next few days, with lows in the mid 30's and highs in the 40's. I think we're all ready to see spring. By the weekend the highs are supposed to be up around 70 again. Yippee!

No comments: