Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Visitors and Potlucks


I thought I'd post a photo of nine of the ten blocks I have just finished for my red and green quilt. They went together a little better, and are closer to the 12.5" size they should be. I still want to make a few more, but I'm getting close to having enough to put the top together. I will cut the sashing strips next, but I want to find a pretty gold for the cornerstones.

Two of my husband's high school classmates just visited as they passed through town. Here is South Texas we get a lot of pass-through visitors, "snowbirds," or Winter Texans as we refer to them. The weather is now warming up--it's around 70 degrees today--and they are all thinking of heading home for the warmer months. South Texas' population swells by another 20 percent or so every fall. It's great to be able to see people from up north, even if they are just passing through.

We went to a potluck dinner last night at OES. There is always more food than needed at these events, and it's always good. I took a dish of Sausage and Rice casserole from a recipe that one of my quilt group friends uses for the potlucks there. I didn't realize how much the recipe would make, so I doubled it. I had two HUGE pans full! I'll put some in the freezer today for later use, but it's really yummy, so it won't be there long!

I have been pleasantly surprised that I have kept off the 25 pounds that I have lost since last September, even with holiday eating, potlucks, etc. Now that the weather is warming up, I would like to start on the next 25 pounds, hopefully I can lose that much more this year.

No comments: