Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today's output


I made this pincushion this afternoon. It's a free pattern located on the Husqvarna Educational pages: http://usaapp.husqvarnaviking.com/education/pdf/2102Pinball.pdf and is very easy to put together. I used my specialty machine stitches to decorate the panels, and my name is stitched on two of the panels so I can take it to classes, etc. I added the buttons just to cover the joined points.

These are 60 4" squares of thirties reproduction fabrics I recently received, along with the 40-5" batik squares below, all from eBay.

That's probably all the fabric squares I'll buy for awhile. I love getting a "squishy" package in the mail, but there are things I'm planning to get that I need more than fabric. (Did I really say that??)

Corpus Christi is on a "boil water advisory" for this week due to E-coli being found in the water. It's a real hassle to have to buy water or boil it to cook with. We've been drinking more Coke and juices than usual. I miss my iced tea! We normally have very good-tasting water here, but the city is adding extra chlorine so it tastes pretty funky right now.

Tropical depression Erin went through with a whimper early this morning, giving us a good rain but nothing else. Hurricane Dean is headed this way, due to make landfall in the middle of next week. We'll be watching that closely to decide whether or not to put up the plywood over the windows.

Over the last few evenings I have been going through two boxes of craft and quilting patterns that I have downloaded from the Internet during the past few years, organizing them into categories and putting them in file folders. I have dozens of patterns for purses, tote bags, purse accessories, etc. I have always felt that I could never have too many patterns. My idea is that someday I may not be able to afford new patterns, fabric, supplies, etc. so I get them now so I'll have lots of choice when that time comes. In all actuality that time may never come (knock wood) but boy, will I be prepared! Of course, the two boxes of patterns I've gone through are only the latest batch--I have tons of stuff in the storage unit filed away, plus hundreds of magazines full of patterns as well. I have left strict instructions that when I die, all my stuff is to be sold on eBay--dust to dust, so to speak.

No comments: