Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quilting Progress


I gave up on trying to use my sewing machine for free-motion quilting. I just can't get the hang of it. So I've put the feed-dogs back up and I've quilted one of my flower applique quilts that way. I echo quilted around the flower and around the block. It looks okay, and is close enough together for W&N batting. I've got four blocks of the second quilt done as well--I hope to finish it by this weekend. I need to find a fabric that will work as binding for both quilts. I'm thinking maybe fuschia or purple. I used quilter's flannel for the backings, a lavender check on one and a lime green check on the other.

I'll take my first lesson in long-arm quilting tomorrow. I have two pieces of white muslin, 44" square, and a larger piece of W&N batting for the sandwich. I hope to use colored thread for practicing so I can easily see what I'm doing wrong. I expect to have a lot of fun with it!

DH did not get his injection yet--they want to wait until his test results come in. He goes back for the results on the 7th. He is back to work now, and seems to be feeling better anyway.

No comments: