Monday, August 6, 2007

A Colorful Day

This is what my sewing area looks like now, with DS's dining table serving as my sewing table. I have room to spread a quilt out as I sew now. I finished the quilting on the second floral quilt this evening. Wednesday I plan on put on the binding on both quilts, time willing.

DH and I went out to eat at Luby's tonight, very good dinner. Then he took me to see "Underdog" which was lots of fun. It was a good job of translating the 60's and 70's cartoon into a live action film. I give it 4 stars.

These are some coasters I made yesterday. Our quilt group did these as a project last fall, and I'm just now getting around to finishing them! They also work as covers for the foot of a wine glass. I don't drink wine, though--so coasters they be!

I got this fabric postcard in the mail today. It's a pretty little fairy for a swap called Myth and Magic. Thanks, Sandra!


I bought these 6" squares on eBay Thursday and received them today. There are 9 squares of each of the 8 colors. Can you tell that I love bright colors? I have ordered some other sets of squares from eBay and will post them as I get them.

Today was a pretty good day. Tomorrow: oncologist appointment, grocery shopping, Eastern Star meeting with supper afterwards at Ihop; keep your fingers crossed that it is just as good a day!

No comments: