Monday, May 14, 2007

Puzzles

I finally finished the black and white tableset in time to take it to my quilt group meeting tonight. To make sense of this photo, the tablerunner is draped over the card table (it hangs down about 18" on either side,) then the six placemats are arrayed at the front of the table, and the four coasters are on top of the topmost placemat. It's all kind of a jumble when you see them all on top of each other, isn't it?

Tomorrow I will take my sewing machine to get the needle screw drilled out and replaced. I don't know how long it will be away from home, but I need to take a break from sewing anyway.

We took my DMIL and DS out to eat at Luby's yesterday, the food was good as always. DDIL wasn't feeling well, but we brought her back a plate. My DS in Virginia called to wish me a happy Mother's Day, too.

DS installed Myst on my computer, but when we tried to play it, the screen was upside-down! Evidently this is not as unusual as it sounds, since there are lots of hints online about how to get it right-side up; unfortunately none seem to work for us. I'm not having too much luck getting older games to work on my computer. I tried Safecracker and one called Moments in Time or something like that--neither one works for me. I've been looking for a game similar to Pandora's Box that will play on XP, any ideas? I love Pandora's Box, but you can only solve each puzzle a few times before getting a little bored with it. I've ordered a game called Nibiru, and one called Oasis. I hope at least one of those will work with my machine. I play other games, of course--like Passage 3, Chuzzle, Bejeweled, Snood, Tetris, Fowl Words, Spider Solitaire, and Mahjongg. I would love some new puzzle games, though.

I'm a jigsaw puzzle fanatic, too--I have a closet full of them. I also have a program called Art Apart that lets me import photos and turn them into jigsaws for the computer. We keep a Fill-In puzzle book in the bathroom for those times when you need something to do. I like to keep my brain exercised.

No comments: