Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


I have no idea what this flower is, but isn't it beautiful? This is one that my DH grows to sell. He has plants from all over the world. His website is www.sotexplants.com if anyone wants a look.
I think this is a kind of pseudo-iris.

The OES chapter made over $400 Saturday at their rummage sale. I helped sort stuff on Friday and helped close down the sale on Saturday. I didn't buy much--a birdhouse for $2.50, a 25 cent paper fan, a $3 jacket pattern and a $3 sleeve pressing board, brand new. I got rid of so much stuff that has just been collecting dust. OES is having another rummage sale in about 6 months, so I should be able to get some more stuff sorted out to get rid of.

On this Memorial Day I am sad that so many young men and women are in harm's way. Let's hope that by next Memorial Day this war is over and they will all be home.

No comments: