Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to work!



This is a purse that I made for DDIL #2 for her May birthday. I used the Towne Purse pattern from Lazy Girls Design to make it. The large orange and green patches on the sides are pockets with flaps over the tops. There are several inside pockets, too. The fabric is Laurel Burch Canines and Felines, mixed with solids from Moda Marbles. The pattern is very easy to make.

I found out that the flower I posted yesterday is known as a fire lily or blood lily. There was a picture in the new issue of Birds and Blooms that came today. I love that magazine!

Tomorrow Monty is going in for grooming. Boy, will he feel better afterwards! His fur gets so long and heavy during the winter and spring. We groom him 2-3 times a year, at least at the start of summer and of winter. That might seem strange, but remember we live in south Texas! Even our winters can be very warm. I'll try to post an "after" picture--I've already posted photos of him in full coat. He will turn 13 on June 15th.

I'm so thrilled to have my sewing machine back. I'll soon have several more projects started--just wait and see!

1 comment: