Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tax Time!

My heart officially has a clean bill of health. Now if I can keep down the muscle tension in my chest and shoulders, I'll be doing fine. Yeah, right--I will be working on our taxes for the next couple of weeks!

I should have mentioned in the last post that the monster designs I used for the postcards are Kooky Monsters from Embroidery Library.


I finished the grocery bags. The designs I embroidered on them are Jacobean Grapes from Artistic Thread Works. I put the same design on both sides of the bag. I tried these bags out on Saturday--they worked pretty well, but are better used for short grocery lists. I wish they were a bit wider, though.



These are the postcards I have received over the last few days. Top left: My Favorite Color: Orange by Angela H. from the UK. She used different textures and metallic thread to make a very artistic card. Middle left: M is for Marrow by Caroline H. from the UK. I had to ask what a mallow is... a kind of mature zucchini. She used acrylic paints accented with machine stitching. Very nice! Bottom left: M is for Money by Sharon N. in Arizona. The Monopoly money is accented with glitter glue. Top right: Circus by Jeanette de V. from the Netherlands. Beautifully satin-stitched applique with gorgeous fabrics. Bottom right: M is for Music by Flicsha A. of North Carolina. She machine embroidered I (heart) Music on a musical note fabric, and used metallic threads on the heart and around the edges of the card. These cards are swaps from the ArtsNthemail yahoo group.


Amaryllis "Pink Floyd"


Amaryllis "Blossom Peacock"


Eucharis Amazonia

Various Amaryllis in bloom in my husband's potting area, plus a poinsettia on the far end. His website is SoTexPlants.com if anyone wants to order bulbs.

No comments: