Thursday, January 17, 2008

Glowing in the Dark

Thirty nametags finished! They are made of Peltex 70 covered with red fabric. The vinyl windows are edged with purple satin stitching, and are just the right size for a business card blank to slide behind the vinyl to put the name on. I glued a pinback to each one with E-6000. Some of the windows look a little wonky, but my Red Hat friends won't care.



I still need to trim off loose threads, and insert the name cards. Then they will be passed out at the next meeting I can attend.

My next project is to machine embroider some designs on some plain canvas tote bags that I got at Michael's. I bought six to use as reusable grocery bags. The designs will all be food related, and are just to make them pretty and to differentiate them from anyone else's bags.

The bathroom ceiling is now covered with simulated beadboard. We need to paint it as well as all the walls and woodwork. First I will have to strip off the old orange wallpaper (yuk!) DH and I will work on it in small increments as our finances and his health will allow.

Speaking of health, I had the adenosine stress test. It took almost 4 hours, and most of it was easy to deal with. The worst part was the 4 minutes of adenosine. It made me so sick I thought I would pass out. I was dizzy, nauseated, and just felt horrible. Once the 4 minutes were up and the antidote was given (or do I mean antagonist?) I felt better pretty quickly. The results will be here in a few days, but I expect it to come back normal--all the other tests have been.
I will feel much better knowing that my heart is in good shape. Oh--I will be radioactive for about three weeks! They told me I might set off the machine at the airport, or the drug checkpoints between here and the border. I think I will stay home!

No comments: