Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



These are the postcards I made for the "Circus" themed swap. The first photo shows the front of the card with velcro tabs attached, meant to resemble a circus tent. The backs of the cards have a circus poster graphic. The bottom photo is what you see when the tent flaps are held open by the velcro tabs. Each has a different circus performer. The multicolored rickrack represents the fringed top of the tent. I'm really pleased with the way these turned out. They will cost extra to mail, and I will send them in clear plastic sleeves, but I think the other swappers will like them. I like doing 3-D cards, but sometimes it's hard to think of a way to do them.

Next on my list is the set of Monster cards. I hope to get them done in the next few days.

This evening I worked on a king sized sheet. I had bought a new one on sale, plus I bought a full sized sheet in the same color. I split it in half lengthwise and sewed half of it onto the width of the king sized sheet. Now my husband won't be hogging the sheet anymore! I'd rather have it drag the floor on one side than be so narrow that he gets it all on his side of the bed. Since my red and green quilt is extra wide as well, I probably won't even see the sheet when the bed is made.

No comments: