Thursday, October 11, 2007

Halloween's coming!

I am in charge of making 22 goody bags for a Halloween party for my Red Hat group. I have been busy coming up with ideas--candy, of course, but other things, too.

I just finished these 22 mummies. They are made of craft sticks, craft spoons, strips of fabric soaked in a 50-50 glue and water solution, and googoo eyes. Aren't they cute?


I also made 22 clothespin fridge magnets with foamie bats, ghosts, and jack-o-lanterns attached to them. I painted the front side orange before putting them together.


I bought these door-hanger dolls (22, of course!) at the dollar store. They have velcro hands.


I got 22 brown paper bags at Michael's, stenciled a treat bag design on the front and put self-adhesive foamies on the back. They will be full when I put everything in them. I think I'm done!


Now I have to come up with some games for the party. I have a mad-lib story that will work for one. We will do a "witches' gift exchange" where everyone brings a gift bag and we draw numbers to see who gets to choose first, etc. We may do charades of horror movies, too.

************************************************************************************

I received this fabric postcard this week from Laurie. The postcard had to feature paint in some way. She used Setacolor paints to sun-print ferns and puzzle pieces on the fabric, then added real ferns under netting. I love the colors. I have the instructions for doing this on video from Georgia Bonesteel's program, and I want to try it one of these days.

1 comment:

Marla said...

You sure do have fun with your red hat group! Yes I visit the "other quilt shop" but it is a strange little place. Plus I like the tone of the fabrics at the other shop sooooo much better.