Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy, busy!

I spent this past weekend pin-basting three quilt tops, and today I am piecing backings for two more, then will baste them. They are all either lap-size or wall-hangings. On Wednesday I will knuckle down and start machine quilting all five, which should keep me busy for the rest of the month! I'll post photos as they are completed.

Tomorrow is going to be full, with preparations for an Eastern Star potluck dinner. I have to help set up the chapter room in the afternoon, then I'll fix a crockpot full of spaghetti and meat sauce, with garlic bread on the side. That should satisfy the OES ladies. I had to skip the last potluck (there were three this month, plus desserts for the lodge BBQ!) so they may be a little miffed at me. I can only do so much on a limited budget.

It's been raining each morning, then the sun comes out each afternoon. At least the temperatures are down now in the 80's with nighttime lows in the 70's. I do miss fall colors, though--we don't get much leaf change here. Our Arizona Ash trees are dropping their seeds now, making a big mess; and the Chinaberry trees are dropping their large seed berries as well. DH is planning to try to sell some seeds on eBay--we don't know if anyone will be interested or not.

No comments: