Friday, June 6, 2008

Surprise!


**********


DH planted these two coleus plants in the front flowerbed. They're a really intense lime green. The flowerbed is now full, and very colorful.

**********

I won a "door prize" at a birthday party online at FiberArtTraders, a Yahoo group I am in. I received it today, and am so thrilled with it! Look at all I got (donated by Dove S.!)

There are six coordinating fat quarters--I love the spaceship theme! Also a small handmade heart pin, a bag of yoyos, and a kit for making the heart ornaments (Comfort and Joy by Nancy Taylor.)


Dove also included this lovely handmade box, beautifully done, which opens up to reveal three drawers. Isn't this great? I will probably keep my charms organized in this. (FAT stands for FiberArtTraders--it's not a comment on my shape, however appropriate!)




All this was packed in this gorgeous hatbox! How did she know that I was a Red Hat lady? I always need another hatbox for my numerous red and purple hats! And this one is particularly nice.


Thank you for your generosity, Dove! I love everything you sent. May the creativity fairy sit on your shoulder in perpetuity!

**********

I had a disturbing encounter last evening. I was sitting in the backyard, enjoying the warm breeze, when I heard a disturbance two houses down. The man was yelling at his dog, and as I watched he reared back and kicked it with all his might! Instinctively I yelled at him to cut it out or I would call the ASPCA on him. He responded with a stream of the most vitriolic invective I have heard in a long time, calling me every name he could think of, spitting at me and using obscene gestures and language. His school aged children were in the yard with him. He obviously has an anger management problem. He was still cursing at me ten minutes later. I am now afraid that he might try to exact retribution by harming Copper or by vandalizing our property in some way. If he makes the slightest move in our direction I will not hesitate to call the police--he really frightens me. I suspect that the kids and wife are probably treated in the same way as his dog. He has verbally attacked the neighbor who lives between us, as well.

I hate this neighborhood! Although the climate here is beautiful most of the year, if I had the means I would leave in a heartbeat. Some of our neighbors are friendly, but I hate living in fear.
We are unable to move, unfortunately. We live on a greatly reduced income now. I am tired of the racial tensions and high crime rate in this area. Our outdoor cable box has been tagged by gang members, we've had things stolen out of the yard numerous times, and now a neighbor who is obviously unstable and dangerous lives two doors away. I will no longer be comfortable relaxing in my own backyard. End of rant.

**********


1 comment:

morningDove said...

oh my this neighbor seems out of control. I would at least make a report to the police or animal control if possible. it never hurts to have another report on file for someone like this.

i'm glad you like the hat box and all your goodies. Congratulations on winning, we're glad you on FAT with us.