Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sunny day



It was a beautiful day today, and I had lunch with a couple of good friends at the local Art Center. While there we toured the galleries and the gift shop. There were exhibitions by the Texas Watercolor Society, the Southwest Sculpture Society, and the South Texas Art League. But the exhibit we went to see was the Fiber Arts Society Show. There were quilts on exhibit that covered almost every technique you could think of, and it was interesting to examine each quilt and discuss the methods used to make them. I wish I could have taken photos of the quilts, but that is frowned upon. But I did take these photos of the marina on the bayfront. This was the view we had while eating lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~



This ATC is for a Floral Challenge, again involving images from Paper Imagery Designs. Using the design called 'Nia', I called this one zinNIAs. I used printed tissue paper, a rubber stamp, and a clipping from a seed catalog, plus a photo of a zinnia bloom to place behind Nia's head.

~~~~~~~~~~



This button fairy arrived today from Leslie C. in Tallahassee, FL. I love her wings! The Roman coin button for the face is an interesting touch. Thanks, Leslie!

~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: