Friday, July 18, 2008

Swap City!


**********
This week's swaps:

Above: Out of the Blue trade by Kara K. The bird's belly is made of yellow caution tape. I love the panda tape she used to seal the package!

Below: Out of the Blue trade by Norma S.--the wings are made from a soft drink bottle! She also sent the fat quarter and the fiber.



~~~~~


Above: Amulet by La S. She also sent the ATC and the beads shown below. I love all the beading and stones on her amulet! She sent along some paper charms which say Live, Love, and Laugh on them--they are now inside the amulet to serve as talismans.


Below: Amulet by Norma S. It has a talisman inside--an amethyst, my birthstone! The amulet is an upside-down pyramid shape.


The one below is by Ange H. It has a small pink heart inside as a talisman. She also sent the beautiful papers for me to use in my artwork.



~~~~~


The ATC above is from the jackpot that I won last week, and is by Brenda S. She sent along all these collage papers, too!

This darling ATC is by Gayle R. and is titled, "Take off Your Shoes, Martha!"
Enough said.

**********

MIL's carpets are now clean, as well as her upholstery. She was very happy to get that done--she had no idea that they were that filthy from the cat. The house smells much better. DH changed the air filter in her AC which was also clogged with fur. Tomorrow we plan to get her living room sorted out, which shouldn't be too difficult.

I mailed off my Dotee dolls, shown earlier--and included with each a Spoon Goddess, also shown earlier, as a bonus. I hope they will be well received. I have one more swap ready to mail--the Goddess ATC's; and I am working on three birdhouses that are due the end of this month. I will probably hold off on joining other swaps for awhile to do some things for myself.

I bought 5.5 yards of a brown pinstripe suiting material, bottom weight, on clearance at JoAnn at 40% off of $5.00/yard. I intend to make some larger grocery bags out of it. I figure I can get two bags out of each yard of fabric. I bought some several months ago and machine embroidered them, but they are really too small to hold much, and when I go grocery shopping, I shop for a month's supply at a time. They will certainly be unique in appearance--no chance of anyone mistaking them for their own!

I also need to get more organized with my art supplies. I am short on room and have supplies scattered everywhere! I need to come up with some shelving to hold all the bins. I have bought lots of clear plastic bins with latching blue lids at JoAnn and Hobby Lobby that are the perfect size for either sewing or art supplies. They stack and have sturdy handles, too.

Do you ever buy a magazine off the rack that looks interesting, only to find when you get home that you already have that copy? Been there, done that yesterday! And what's more, that you have a subscription to that magazine?? Double bummer. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. Oh well, one more item to sell on eBay.

**********

No comments: