Saturday, November 10, 2007

The wait is over!



I finally finished the red and green quilt! I got the binding done today. As you can probably tell, it is HUGE!! 132" square. I really like the way it turned out. Although it is just draped over the bed in these pictures, when the pillows are tucked in and covered, the quilt goes from floor to floor on three sides on our king sized bed. It is also very heavy, even though a light-weight cotton batting was used. The quilter (Heirloom Elegance in Corpus Christi) did a great job on it. This quilt is for DH and myself, and I am very pleased with it. Each block is different, and it took me almost a year from start to finish. I still have four quilt tops to quilt and bind, all are wall-hanging size. I also still have two postcard swaps to do this year as well.

This week a handyman is supposed to put up the bead-board panels on our bathroom ceiling, then it will be time to strip off the wallpaper and repaint the walls and vanity. Why anyone painted the bathroom orange is beyond me, but why we lived with it for another 18 years is truly unfathomable. It will be a nice soothing pastel blue when I get done with it.



Amaryllis "Green Goddess"



Amaryllis "Yellow Goddess"



Amaryllis "Apple Blossom"


DH has been putting his plants to bed for the winter, although several of them are still blooming and will continue throughout the winter. These amaryllis are setting three to four blooms per stalk, and have more flower stalks ready to shoot up in each pot. They really are gorgeous.

2 comments:

Marla said...

All I can say is WOW! I'm amazed! I have been trying to force myself to put one border on a quilt forever....I HATE BORDERS. THere is your enourmous quilt with 3 borders! WOWOWOWOW! Oh did I mention that it is gorgeous to boot!

margil said...

Thanks! I am rather proud of it, but I'll never make one that big again!