Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Halloween party went well. My friend had lots of fun foods, and we played some games and socialized. There were only 13 of us there, so I had several goodie bags left over. I sent some to my grandchildren, and DH took the rest to work and passed them out there.

We had a lot of trick-or-treaters this year, and many of them commented on how cool it was that we gave them Play-Doh. I even had one teenage boy tell me that on a scale of one-to-ten our house was a ten! No tricks played here.

DH brought me this rose yesterday. Isn't it pretty, with the striped petals? Unfortunately, it has no scent. I think I would pick scent over color where flowers are concerned; DH says that most of the roses that are unusual colors have no scent.

I just finished making 12 postcards like this one for a swap called My Favorite Color. My color preferences change with the seasons, so right now I definitely prefer orange. The cards are supposed to use no other colors. The background fabric is medium orange with red-orange flowers and yellow-orange circles, I used orange thread to couch down orange fibers and sew decorative stitches on it, attached orange felt squares with either an orange button or a decorative bar-tack stitch, then added orange spangles and beads. The rick-rack in the upper left corner is actually a bright neon-orange color as well, although the flash makes it look yellow. I have to mail these to the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey as well as to several locations in the US. I am mailing them in clear plastic sleeves. I only hope the beads make it through okay, especially the long bugle beads. They usually do, but the bugle beads are more brittle than most beads, being glass beads, and have sharp edges that can cut through the thread. I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

I'm signed up for two other swaps, snowman cards in December and the Letter M in January.
I'll show those when I get them finished.

No comments: