Monday, August 8, 2011

Hobbling along

**********

I finally had my knee arthroscopy on Friday, and am hobbling around on crutches for the next day or two. The pain was pretty bad on Saturday, less on Sunday, and today I can put most of my weight on it without difficulty. The crutches are just to keep me steady at this point. By this weekend I hope to be walking normally again.

My son borrowed my car while his is in the shop, which came at a good time since I'm not using it anyway. I'm not supposed to drive for the rest of this week. (Husband's orders, not the doctors'!)

Hubby has been watching me like a hawk. As a retired rehab nurse, he helps me with my crutch technique, etc. He fetches and carries for me, too. It's great to have a private nurse!

My bandage comes off today and I can finally shower. I'm curious as to what the incisions look like.
**********

Meanwhile, I found these aprons in my MIL's things and thought they were very cute.

a plain, full skirted half-apron


a half-apron with scalloped hem, two pockets, and rick-rack trim


a really cute hostess apron with fish pocket

I'm into aprons right now. I've spent a couple of days at the computer downloading free apron patterns and believe me, there are a lot of cute ones out there. I'm thinking about making some of the free-domain ones to sell at a fair in Arkansas next year. I have plenty of fabric and lots of free time right now. If I do make some, I'll try to post some pics.

It is interesting that aprons kind of fell out of favor for 30 years, but now are considered retro-chic! A lot of the free patterns on the web are put there by young women who are probably riding the crest of the "newest wave." I have several in my kitchen linen stash, but rarely wear one myself. That may change if I really get into this.

**********






No comments: