Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beautiful to look at...


***********

Three darling grandchildren!


The new table-topper I just finished...

~~~~~

My DH just inherited some "dishes" from an elderly cousin. Some dishes!!

10 pieces of Fostoria crystal, "Baroque" in Topaz yellow.

4 ice tea tumblers, 4 sherbets, a relish tray, and a small vegetable dish. I love this pattern!



Also a complete set of Franciscan "Apple" USA, circa 1950, in excellent condition. Very collectible! Four place settings with several completer pieces, plus some coordinating green glassware of unknown origin. If anyone recognizes the green glassware pattern, let me know!


~~~~~

Don't anyone try to tell my DH he can't grow iris in South Texas! These are next to our front door.




~~~~~

Yesterday my DH spent all day at the Corpus Christi Botanical Gardens' Big Bloom Plant Sale.
I helped out during the afternoon for about four hours. It was breezy and shady there, so I didn't bother to wear sunscreen or a hat. My face, shoulders, neck, and lower arms are very sunburned today--which has given me a headache. Yuk!


**********


No comments: