Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Avery swap


**********

Here are the results of the monthly PID image swap: Avery.
They're all wonderful! Thank you, friends!Align Center

By Sarah W.


by Jennifer R.


by Elena V.


by Eileen B.


by Dianna M.

~~~~~

I've been asked to share the following recipe. It's quick, easy, and oh, so good!


Marcia’s Spaghetti and Meat Sauce

1 pound spaghetti, broken into thirds

1 teas. salt

2 pounds ground beef

½ cup diced onion (I use frozen)

1/3 cup chopped green pepper (again, I use frozen)

1 T vegetable oil

½ teas. minced garlic in oil

2 cans tomato sauce with Italian Herbs (I use Contadina)

Grated parmesan cheese to taste

In large stockpot, boil 6-8 quarts water with the salt. Add broken spaghetti to boiling water, simmer for 10 minutes or until al dente. While waiting for water to boil, sauté onion and green pepper in vegetable oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef, crumbling it into small pieces. Add garlic, sauté until ground beef is fully browned. Drain off any liquid, then add tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then simmer until spaghetti is done. Serve sauce over individual servings of spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.



**********



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the Avery swaps. I just got mine and am planning to do the same later. I had asked about your background, but in looking at your blog just now, I see you did a tutorial on it. So, question asked and answered! Thank you so much...I'm always looking for new backgrounds, and am going to try this one for sure.
Hugs,
Eileen