Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back at it...

**********

I have been busy on various projects the past two weeks. I thought I'd show a few:


This is a purse I made just to take to Eastern Star. I don't need much there, so I wanted a smaller purse. The loop slips over my wrist for carrying. It's lined, with pockets inside.

~~~~~


I spent one of my gift cards to buy this Zutter Bind-It-All book-binding machine. I've played with it a little, but I haven't used it properly yet. It will eventually get lots of use.

~~~~~


This ATC was made for a Red, Pink, and Green challenge. The one below is for a "Be ....." mingle. They were both made from an old embossed Valentine card that I lightly sanded with an emery board. I love the way the embossing stands out.

~~~~~

The ATC below is for a Hearts and Polka Dots mingle.


~~~~~

The February monthly image is Isabella. Here are my 6 ATCs for this swap. I will keep the one with Discover on it--it covers too much of her face. I may change it out eventually. I tried to place the large word where it could be seen the best.




~~~~~

My MIL no longer recognizes my husband, or at least he doesn't think so. Otherwise she remains in the same condition. It astounds us how much different she is from just 6 months ago, when she was walking around and talking normally. She now talks only when she has to, mostly to express her needs and wants. Conversation in almost totally gone.

I just finished reading a book called "Still Alice," by Lisa Genova. It describes Alzheimer's from the inside--a fascinating book. I read it in one sitting; couldn't put it down.

We have been slowly going through photos and documents, clippings and cards. I wish we had done this when she could identify people for us. We will eventually put these into albums and scrapbooks. For now they are sorted and are back in her house for storage.

I have decided that the best way to deal with all this is to continue our normal routine as much as possible. I have been getting back to my arts and crafts as time permits, and I find that it eases the stress considerably. DH gets the same results through his gardening.

We went to see "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" last night, and laughed all the way through it. I can recommend it for quick escapism. We then went out to eat and had a good time.


**********




1 comment:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

The book binder looks like lots of fun! I often thought of getting one, but couldn't justify it with so many other things that I do. Love your purse too!