Friday, December 26, 2008

After Christmas

**********

I received my Sophia ATCs from the PIDSwap group.

by Sarah W.


by Lee H.


by Elena V.


by Debby B.


by Annie L.

~~~~~

This Sarah card is the last one from the December swap:
by Lee H.

~~~~~

My MIL is still hanging on. We took her Christmas gifts to her, but she was too weak to open them, so we opened them for her. She said they were nice, then promptly lost all interest in them. At first she didn't even know it was Christmas. She asked her provider to help her get dressed and get out of bed, which she did. As soon as MIL was in her recliner, she went back to sleep--leaving us sitting there awkwardly. It was a sad visit, especially for my son and DIL.

We did get a phone call from my DS in Iraq. It was so good to hear his voice! He was in good spirits, and said he is doing well. I miss him terribly, and hope his tour of duty will end this spring as scheduled. His children need him.

I also talked to my eldest sister on the phone. She was all alone for Christmas Day, and I think just wanted to hear other voices. We had a good talk, and I was left feeling that no matter the troubles we are having, our lives could be worse.

I got lots of gift cards for Christmas--I will have fun doing a lot of shopping in the days and weeks to come! My DH was so delighted with the garden cart I gave him that he immediately went to work putting it together. He is putting in a large bed of Amaryllids at the local Botanical Gardens, and the cart will certainly come in handy.

**********


3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Beautiful postcards!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I love your cards! They are wonderful! I remember having a muff too!

margil said...

Thank you! I appreciate your comments. It's always great to get some feedback.