Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gifts and swaps

**********

DH in his "Heroes of '76" uniform

My DH is a member of a group called "Heroes of '76" that conduct patriotic ceremonies in colonial regalia. Today he attended a function, and I took the opportunity to take a photo for posterity. I think he looks quite snazzy!


I made these pendants for a swap. The rectangles are made with chipboard and paper towels (really!) that are painted, stamped, embossed, and inked. I added the bead tassels and hung them from ball chain. The one on the far right shows what the backs look like. These were fun to do, although labor intensive. I was stepping out of my comfort zone for these.



This hibiscus was my Mother's Day gift from DH. The photos are very deceiving--the flower is actually a deep neon-bright red-orange, but my camera just can't seem to capture that color! I tried shot after shot, but this is the best it would do, and it is nowhere near the yellow-orange that shows here.

My DS #2 and DDIL gave me a gift card to JoAnn which I can always use. DS #1 called me and we talked for a few minutes. I had a really good Mother's Day!

My sister called last night, and we talked for over an hour. I always enjoy talking to one of my four sisters or two brothers. I live far from any of them, and sometimes go for a few years between visits with them. This sister sent me a lovely Mother's Day card with a photo of our Mother that she had digitized for her embroidery machine. She made one for all of us. I was really touched when I saw it and will treasure it. We all adored our Mother, and my sister was so thoughtful to do this for us all. Thanks, sis!

Tomorrow I will try my hand at making some button fairies for another swap. I'll let you know how they turn out!

**********

No comments: