Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ready for Halloween


**********


This is the last of the leaves from the swap. This one is by Ange H.

~~~~~
Halloween is my favorite time of year, and I started making decorations early. I figure if I make a few each year and buy a couple of nice ones as well, I will soon have all I need to decorate the house.


I made these from potato chip cans. I'm not crazy about the skull, but the other two turned out just like I wanted them to. I love the old-fashioned looking decorations.


These ATCs are for a Halloween swap on the Paper Imagery Designs yahoo swap group.


This guy is about 30" tall. I just love him--once I carved the foam pumpkin, the rest took only an afternoon to gather together the supplies and construct him. He will sit in the living room until a few days before Halloween, when he will go outside the front door in the flowerbed with other pumpkins. His base is a sand pail with a FQ of fabric tied around it. His head is lined with black felt and stuffed with plastic grocery bags. The raven is attached with clothespins. The head is attached to the pail with heavy duty craft adhesive.

I have some fall pillows in the planning stages. I have been shopping the thrift stores for wool skirts to felt, plus a few other fabrics that will work well with the wool. I picked up a lovely grape colored skirt today, and a red plaid that will work for Christmas pillows. Wool clothing isn't very easy to find around south Texas. I bought several skirts and a beautiful pumpkin colored jacket last week that are now washed and taken apart for the fabric, so I hope to get started on one of the pillows this week.

**********

No comments: