Friday, April 18, 2008

Catching up

***********

These lovely bog iris are blooming just outside our front door. The blooms are small and only last about 24 hours, but they have bloomed repeatedly over the last month or so. They really are a nice surprise to see first thing in the morning!


I finished one of the small quilts I mentioned in an earlier post. I backed it with flannel and tied it instead of quilting it, using multicolored perle cotton. I then sewed the binding on by machine with a feather stitch. This one is destined for my new great-nephew. I have another top done of the same design, I will get around to finishing it soon.

And here's the second party hat for the Fiber Art Traders swap. I added the beading around the bottom and three swags around the top. I think they make a lot of difference. I left the tassels and the hanger as they were otherwise.

I am doing fairly well at getting caught up with unfinished projects. I still have three other small quilt tops that need to be quilted, but at least all the "have-to-do's" are done. I'm going to hold up on swaps for the next few weeks. I want to concentrate on playing with some art techniques, plus there are doctor's appointments and meetings to attend this next week.
**********

No comments: